11.13.2011

DIY Christmas


I love love love Christmas.  and I LOVE decorating for it.  I did a little bit of decorating last year, but now that I'm officially in my own place, I plan to go all out.  I'm trying to resist as long as I can (I don't like Christmas that starts in October...or really November, but I don't think I can hold out for too much longer!  I'm living on a cute little budget right now, so I've been looking up a lot of DIY things (Pintrest anyone??). Maybe if I start crafting early, I'll get a little bit of it out of my system!! 

Here are some of my inspirations, complete with a whole bunch of links to tutorials!!
 
First: I found some adorable gift tag printables and I plan to use them on everything this year! This is one of them, how cute!

Second: I keep seeing glittery branches.  Super easy and super cheap!  I just need to find something cute to put them in before I start this one!  Here's one in a pitcher - but I can also cute a vase with ornaments, or a floor vase with just sparkly branches.  I think Christmas decorations NEED sparkle! 








Third: Cute Holiday Banner (tutorial anyone?).  I think this would look cute in those places that get overlooked or are kind of awkward to hang garlands and such on...I'm thinking that ugly blank wall behind my TV! 

Fourth: Again with the sparkly...glitter candles.  Candles that are sparkly or colored can sometimes get expensive, but finding some cheap white candles (or even maybe some red ones to mix in) and giving them some holiday glitz would make for an awesome centerpiece or add some holiday decor to the bathroom!









Fifth: When I saw this one, I was a little skeptical.  I still don't know how it might turn out, but I think it's a pretty cool idea.  Paper plate trees!  Super easy and the possibilities are endless! 








Sixth: What kind of DIY Christmas blog would this be if it didn't involve at least one homemade present?  I take a lot of pictures, so this would be super appropriate and easy to do.  Here's the lovely tutorial + other fun presents. 









Sidenote:  I have 11 tabs open at the moment looking at all my inpiration, and one of these sites has music and I can't figure out which one!  I really really really dislike it when people put music on their sites....

Seventh:  Since I'm decorating the whole apartment this year...chairs must be included too!  I have chairs like these (in brown), so some red ribbon and a pine cone or ornament would be super cute to dress them up! 








Eight:  If you stick to a color scheme at Christmas, this blog is decorating with RED!  In every room! Love it! 
P.S. Also just disovered that said blog was the offender in the music.  You have been warned. 

Nine: Lastly, I found a wonderful blog that helps remind what Christmas is all about.  This family did 25 days of Random Acts of Kindness.  Has some great ideas of things that seem so simple, like paying past due library fees, plugging meters, and bringing presents to the post office.  

So friends there is just a small taste of my Christmas obsession.  I already have two tubs of Christmas stuff, so I'll start then craft until my heart is content :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment